MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know about this fix... but myalerts 2.0 will have a totally rewritten code. Thats why we are waiting
Question: Does anybody use (or has anybody even noticed) the help documents that get added automatically? If not, I may remove them from 2.0.0 to minimise the amount of stuff I have to maintain.
(2014-11-01, 06:54 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Question: Does anybody use (or has anybody even noticed) the help documents that get added automatically? If not, I may remove them from 2.0.0 to minimise the amount of stuff I have to maintain.

I've never used the Help Documents. I tend to set up my own within my forums to make them easier to access, as most people I know don't even use the Help Documents. They ask the staff, or they look in forums for the information. And I'm of the mind if people really want to use the Help Docs, they can make some themselves.
I think ony a github guide may be usefull, because nobody read that documents allways users ask for commmon questions and more inside that, everytime we have to explain users how to use it and how it works.

I think a guide like addition on plugins be more usefull for us xD.
Fair enough, it's one less thing I have to keep updated/worry about. Cheers guys!
(2014-11-01, 03:13 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I know about this fix... but myalerts 2.0 will have a totally rewritten code. Thats why we are waiting

i know about 2.0...
but, we not has mention plugin to 2.0...
and WildcardSearch has not shown up here is a long time.
so why rush?
I will not use 2.0 without mention plugin.

(2014-11-01, 06:54 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Question: Does anybody use (or has anybody even noticed) the help documents that get added automatically? If not, I may remove them from 2.0.0 to minimise the amount of stuff I have to maintain.

i will not used help documents...
and personally I would rather not has, is more stuff to be translated into my language and almost nobody uses.
Makes sense, I'm removing them now Smile
@Martec I wrote a PM to @Wildcard - he is busy, and mentionme will be updated soon
Just closed quite a few issues from the repo. Almost ready for a release I think. Just got to write an upgrade and do lots more testing. Here's a sneak peak of one of the new features I've been planning on adding for a long time now...

[Image: 302a47c4-6297-11e4-99b5-782ec2322f11.png]
Do you plan to change these text to something more user friendly? Maybe the checkboxes should be the same like in mybb admin settings