MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have you installed the plugin before? For some reason a table used already exists. One solution would be to delete the table from phpMyAdmin.
Can you add a script which delete this table during instalation? For me impossible to instal (I know it is in development) - I deleted this table but new error appears
There will be a full upgrade system - that's pretty much all that's left to write.

What is the other error you encounter?
(2014-11-17, 06:11 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Can you add a script which delete this table during instalation? For me impossible to instal (I know it is in development) - I deleted this table but new error appears

Yeah, I get the same error on my live board with MyBB 1.8.2 and I never installed MyAlerts before on this new community forums website!
(2014-11-17, 07:23 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]There will be a full upgrade system - that's pretty much all that's left to write.

If we never used this plugin before and we don't need to upgrade,  can we use it now?
(2014-11-17, 08:50 PM)Gershon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-17, 07:23 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]There will be a full upgrade system - that's pretty much all that's left to write.

If we never used this plugin before and we don't need to upgrade,  can we use it now?

It's impossible to use for now. Anyway it's still in its early development.

Possibly, but I wouldn't advise it at all.

(2014-11-17, 09:58 PM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]

It's impossible to use for now. Anyway it's still in its early development.

It's not impossible, but it's not flawless either Wink
Also, the error with the my_alert_settings_values table should now be fixed on initial install. The table should have been alert_types. Oops.
The issue is now solved but there's another issue now:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'w38560_board.mybb_alert_types' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT * FROM mybb_alert_types;
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

I got this error while trying to install MyAlerts 2.0 on a new 1.8.2 forums community!
The table isn't created ... I do not understand why!!
You are using the code currently on GitHub, right? That table is created during install. You could manually add it via phpMyAdmin though:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `mybb_alert_types` (
`id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
  `code` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `enabled` tinyint(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
  UNIQUE KEY `unique_code` (`code`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB  DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

INSERT INTO `mybb_alert_types` (`id`, `code`, `enabled`) VALUES
(1, 'rep', 1),
(2, 'pm', 1),
(3, 'buddylist', 1),
(4, 'quoted', 1),
(5, 'post_threadauthor', 1);