MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, you learn something new every day! I didn't even know that was possible. Still, it's far more effort than just having them in template groups by default.
Yup, I do this all the time Big Grin
I have no idea how I never knew you could do it till now tbh. I knew about global templates obviously but that's it.
(2012-10-23, 07:13 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]@showing alerts via AJAX, I don't see the point. The nature of a forum is that you change pages and/or refresh fairly often anyway.

So why you use ajax for your MyStatus plugin?
You wrote: AJAX based status "updating" and deleting
Isn't it the nature of a forum changing and refreshing pages here? Toungue

However thanks for your answers. Smile
MyStatus uses AJAX in a completely different way. AJAX is only used to delete your statuses and update them so that you can do it on the fly rather than click, be redirected, confirm, be redirected.
Tried this and works flawless, great work!
I do have a few suggestions.

- Add more events (On receive Newpoints points, On receiving donation from Noaor Donation module).

Only "problem" which really is just a quick fix because it looks weird.
When users have no avatar it shows;

"Username's Avatar" really close to the alert itself.

Replaced
alt="{$alert['username']}'s avatar"

With
alt=""

And just shows no avatar, rather then the weird textbox with the "Username's Avatar".
Other plugin authors will have to make their plugins compatible with MyAlerts themselves. There are way too many plugins for euantor to do by himself.
(2012-10-25, 04:04 AM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]Other plugin authors will have to make their plugins compatible with MyAlerts themselves. There are way too many plugins for euantor to do by himself.

This exactly. Some plugins also don't let you release them due to their licenses so there's not much I can do except hope other authors consider integrating.

Thanks for the kind words though Smile
Testing over localhost. Nicely written.

Btw, did you made the change so that the alert num turns 0 once clicked?
I haven't made it just yet. Will be doing so this weekend Big Grin