MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am free to help you with testing Smile Have you added some of the feature requests from your github issues page? Smile
I haven't yet, but I plan to. I've been focused on rewriting the core system to be more developer friendly and optimising it. I've managed to remove a global SQL query from every page load and have made the way alerts get marked read much different so that they are marked read when clicked on using a new alerts.php page.
Better wait another week than have a buggy not completed version. So please keep good work and let us know Smile
(2014-10-29, 10:18 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Better wait another week than have a buggy not completed version. So please keep good work and let us know Smile

Yeah you're right about this thing but the problem here is that it is not only a week more but even months more. The waiting time is frustrating for MyBB users
I'm going as fast as I can. I'm not paid to do this or anything and University comes first.
(2014-10-30, 01:40 PM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah you're right about this thing but the problem here is that it is not only a week more but even months more. The waiting time is frustrating for MyBB users

It may be frustrating to you, but I have the patience to wait it out.  I'm excited for it (based on Euan's posts it sounds like its a great rewrite), but in no way do I feel like I need it right this moment. 
It is a hobby Smile be patient or write your own myalerts plugin Big Grin
(2014-10-30, 01:48 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going as fast as I can. I'm not paid to do this or anything and University comes first.

Amen! Open up donations :3
(2014-10-30, 01:48 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going as fast as I can. I'm not paid to do this or anything and University comes first.
Ok, just take your own time to re-write your MyAlerts plugin for MyBB 1.8 series as best as you can do that!
I really do not understand why people are asking to update to mybb 1.8 if myalert of 1.6 works with little modification.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-127444-...pid1099923