MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd advise you to update the version number Euan, too many users are encountering problems using the "old" 1.04 and keep on asking for support. Too many users also rely on the Mods Site when checking for updates from their ACPs, so updating the package with a new version might be the solution to all these repetitive questions Smile
(2013-06-27, 07:00 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-27, 02:17 AM)jenny loo who?! Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Euan T,

I don't know what to do about this but when we go to view our alerts settings, it tells me we are missing the .lang.php file. Is this is in the folders anywhere or is it something I have to get from you? Thanks for your help!

Sounds like you're using an old version. Try downloading the current one from GitHub Smile

I did not download from Github, and its still working fine. I guess, he is missing the said file while uploading.

(2013-06-27, 06:22 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]@new1 - yes, myalerts sends alerts to the thread creator. If you want to ensure that someone who has replied to the thread gets an alert then you can quote that reply, or you can use the rather awesome MentionMe plugin which hooks into MyAlerts. I encourage my users to use MentionMe.
Thanks, I Can but it will be not good for my user to do such every time, because it will take some time to understand that part like i did. so please link me to download MentionMe pluggin.
@new1: There is no .lang.php file in MyAlerts.
[attachment=29631]
(2013-06-27, 09:01 AM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]@neIw1: There is no .lang.php file in MyAlerts.

I downloaded it from here. N I will see to it n will send u if I have it.. http://mods.mybb.com/view/myalerts

YOu can see the screenshot, it has lang.php file.
^ if the plugin reports that .lang.php file is missing and if you are uncomfortable in using the latest version
available from GitHub then create a blank file named .lang.php & upload it to /inc/languages/english folder
What I meant was that there was no file named: ".lang.php" in the MyAlerts package, so no file is missing.

Link from GitHub: https://github.com/euantorano/MyAlerts/a...urrent.zip
(2013-06-27, 07:28 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]I'd advise you to update the version number Euan, too many users are encountering problems using the "old" 1.04 and keep on asking for support. Too many users also rely on the Mods Site when checking for updates from their ACPs, so updating the package with a new version might be the solution to all these repetitive questions Smile

Probably for the best Shade. I'm going to be adding a new branch soon to work with custom hooks added by core edits (datahandler post insert hooks as the core devs are unwilling to add them to the MyBB core unfortunately Sad).
Sounds good Euan - will you be resolving the no alerts enabled for new users issue in both branches of the code?
Yes, I will do. The second branch with the custom hooks will also fix long standing issues such as no quote alerts on edit and no pm alerts for mass PMs. I also plan to look at a small issue that seems to only occur on MyBB Stuff with quote alerts occasionally where the post title/link isn't rendered.
(2013-06-27, 04:51 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I will do. The second branch with the custom hooks will also fix long standing issues such as no quote alerts on edit and no pm alerts for mass PMs. I also plan to look at a small issue that seems to only occur on MyBB Stuff with quote alerts occasionally where the post title/link isn't rendered.
Thanks! I'm waiting for that Wink