MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Instead of margin, add property like:

right: 4em;

and same for top. Add it to .myalerts_popup_wrapper .myalerts_popup.
My eyesight must have got even worse, why didn't I notice that class earlier? A simple "left:-145px" and everything is centered, just like I wanted. Many thanks! Smile
Yes, using position: relative would break it. IIRC, the value for top and left/right might be set by the JS too? I really can't remember. Try using !important.

EDIT: Didn't notice this page! Glad you've got it sorted.
Using px isn't really good unless your theme is not fluid. Use em to align as per each person's resolution.
I can't installl this plugin yet. I used beta version before. How i fix this problem?

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'a.from_id' in 'on clause'
Query:
SELECT a.*, u.uid, u.username, u.avatar FROM mybb_alerts a INNER JOIN mybb_users u ON (a.from_id = u.uid) WHERE a.uid = 1 AND alert_type IN ('') ORDER BY a.id DESC LIMIT 0, 5;
@euantor, how did you get your alerts to look that way in the screen shot that you have in the first post?

Mine keeps showing up like this with no design. I made it so it would look like Alerts: (# here) when in the navbar but the alerts themselves have no css style at all.

[Image: JhvJd.png]

Am I running on an earlier version of the plugin?

EDIT: Never mind I have upgraded. Everything looks good except the alignment is a little off. When I click on alerts, it shows the little alerts box way on the left side of the navbar instead of it showing up right under the thing that shows how many alerts you have.
I just went live with MyAlerts on RC.

Here is my alert menu.

[Image: ssmyalertsrc.gif]

What do you think? Smile

EDIT: I've set AJAX auto-refresh to 60 seconds and it doesn't seem to be working. I assumed it would be similar to the WOL list. Was I wrong?
Tried z-index, em and more. I'd really like this fixed if anyone has the time.

Here's my Alerts.css.
.unreadAlerts {
	display: inline-block;
}

.usercp_nav_myalerts {
	background:url(images/usercp/transmit_blue.png) no-repeat left center;
}
.usercp_nav_myalerts_delete_all {
	background:url(images/usercp/delete.png) no-repeat left center;
}
.usercp_nav_myalerts_delete_read {
	background:url(images/usercp/bin.png) no-repeat left center;
}

.newAlerts > a {
	color:red !important;
}

.myalerts_popup ol {
	list-style:none;
	margin:0;
	padding:0;
}
	.myalerts_popup li {
		min-height:24px;
		padding:2px 4px;
		border-bottom:1px solid #D4D4D4;
	}
	.myalerts_popup li .avatar {
		float:left;
		height:24px;
		width:24px;
	}
	.myalerts_popup li .alertContent {
		margin-left:30px;
		font-size:11px;
	}
	.unreadAlert {
		font-weight:bold;
		background:#FFFBD9;
	}

.myalerts_popup_wrapper{
	position:relative;
}

.myalerts_popup_wrapper .myalerts_popup {
	background:#fff;
	width:350px;
	max-width:350px;
	box-shadow:0 0 10px rgba(0,0,0,0.2);
	position:absolute;
	left:0;	
right: 4em;
}

.myalerts_popup .popupTitle {
		font-weight:bold;
		margin:0 2px;
		padding:2px;
		border-bottom:1px solid #D4D4D4;
	}
	.myalerts_popup .popupFooter {
		padding:4px;
		background:#EFEFEF;
		box-shadow:inset 0 1px 0 0 rgba(255,255,255,0.2);
	}
@envision

It's because your #panel has the "overflow: hidden;" element. What this is doing is cutting off your alerts popup. Remove that from your panel id. If it makes the panel look funky, set a height of something like "height:35px;".
(2012-11-11, 02:34 AM)bekircem Wrote: [ -> ]I can't installl this plugin yet. I used beta version before. How i fix this problem?

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'a.from_id' in 'on clause'
Query:
SELECT a.*, u.uid, u.username, u.avatar FROM mybb_alerts a INNER JOIN mybb_users u ON (a.from_id = u.uid) WHERE a.uid = 1 AND alert_type IN ('') ORDER BY a.id DESC LIMIT 0, 5;

You're using the old alpha version. There is no upgrade route from it as it was never meant to be used on a production site. You need to uninstall and re-install.

(2012-11-11, 03:47 AM)ohhaithar Wrote: [ -> ]@euantor, how did you get your alerts to look that way in the screen shot that you have in the first post?

Mine keeps showing up like this with no design. I made it so it would look like Alerts: (# here) when in the navbar but the alerts themselves have no css style at all.

[Image: JhvJd.png]

Am I running on an earlier version of the plugin?

EDIT: Never mind I have upgraded. Everything looks good except the alignment is a little off. When I click on alerts, it shows the little alerts box way on the left side of the navbar instead of it showing up right under the thing that shows how many alerts you have.

Could you post a link to your site and some demo account details?

(2012-11-11, 04:08 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I just went live with MyAlerts on RC.

Here is my alert menu.

[Image: ssmyalertsrc.gif]

What do you think? Smile

EDIT: I've set AJAX auto-refresh to 60 seconds and it doesn't seem to be working. I assumed it would be similar to the WOL list. Was I wrong?

Looks great! AJAX auto-refresh only works on the actual listing page right now.