MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I decided to assist by testing this, and the fix you gave for the alert_types worked.

However, I now have this error:

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1060 - Duplicate column name 'myalerts_disabled_alert_types'
Query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_users ADD myalerts_disabled_alert_types TEXT NOT NULL
(2014-11-15, 07:48 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]You need this (also in development) library: https://github.com/mybbstuff/plugins.core

Thanks! Had some issues with the tables but i fixed it by removing it first. I'm now able to install it but i get an error above the header.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '-', expecting '}' in /home/playkit1/public_html/inc/plugins/myalerts.php(459) : eval()'d code on line 10
Looks like an old template for the myalerts_headericon template. Could you post the contents of that template?

@multiplicity! It looks like you already have that column in the users table. Had you already tried installing the plugin previously?
i delete this and another problem - collum is missing -> f5 -> collum is back and same error
@Euan T

I tried the MyAlerts previous version and changed the compatibility to 1.8, could that have created that table already?
(2014-11-18, 09:26 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like an old template for the myalerts_headericon template. Could you post the contents of that template?

@multiplicity! It looks like you already have that column in the users table. Had you already tried installing the plugin previously?

Here is the myalerts_headericon template.

<span class="myalerts_popup_wrapper{$newAlertsIndicator}">
	<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php?action=alerts" class="unreadAlerts myalerts_popup_hook"
	   id="unreadAlerts_menu">{$lang->myalerts_alerts} ({$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']})</a>
	<div id="unreadAlerts_menu_popup" class="myalerts_popup" style="display:none;">
		<div class="popupTitle">{$lang->myalerts_page_title}</div>
		<ol>
			{$alerts}
		</ol>
		<div class="popupFooter"><a href="{$mybb-.settings['bburl']}/alerts.php">{$lang->myalerts_usercp_nav_alerts}</a></div>
	</div>
</span>
Slightly confused here. Is this just a temporary work around? Is an official 1.8 version coming?
(2014-11-18, 11:26 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Slightly confused here. Is this just a temporary work around? Is an official 1.8 version coming?

Euan T. is working on the new MyAlerts 2.0 right now. They released the development version for testing for those who volunteered, and they're trying to get the plugin done and released for 1.8 as soon as possible.
(2014-11-18, 09:40 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]i delete this and another problem - collum is missing -> f5 -> collum is back and same error

Strange... I'll have to check the code. It should't try to add the column if it already exists.

(2014-11-18, 10:06 AM)multiplicity! Wrote: [ -> ]@Euan T

I tried the MyAlerts previous version and changed the compatibility to 1.8, could that have created that table already?

That's likely the cause, though it should have been deleted on uninstall.

(2014-11-18, 10:50 AM)Happiness Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-18, 09:26 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like an old template for the myalerts_headericon template. Could you post the contents of that template?

Here is the myalerts_headericon template.

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php?action=alerts" class="unreadAlerts myalerts_popup_hook"
	   id="unreadAlerts_menu">{$lang->myalerts_alerts} ({$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']})</a>
		<ol>
			{$alerts}
		</ol>
		<div class="popupFooter"><a href="{$mybb-.settings['bburl']}/alerts.php">{$lang->myalerts_usercp_nav_alerts}</a></div>
	</div>
</span>

Ah, my updated code wasn't committed properly! Try changing that template to this:

<ol>
			{$alerts}
		</ol>
		<div class="popupFooter"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/alerts.php">{$lang->myalerts_usercp_nav_alerts}</a></div>
	</div>
</span>

Or, deactivate, upload the current files from GitHub and activate again Smile

(2014-11-18, 11:26 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Slightly confused here. Is this just a temporary work around? Is an official 1.8 version coming?

As multiplicity! said, I am working on version 2.0.0 which is fully compatible with MyBB 1.8. The work-in-progress code is available for download (as always) from GitHub and several people are trying to install it to test it Smile
Okay, thanks for your answer Euan.

Have you considered taking over Wildcard's projects (puppetmaster and mentionme). He hasn't been around for many months.

Or at least making a mention addon for MyAlerts?

Regards