MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you both euantor and Wildcard Smile I didn't find it searching within the thread Big Grin
a bug:
if a user write a PM and save it as a draft, recipients will recieve an alert!!!
Odd. I'll look into that when I rewrite the PM alert function.
(2012-11-11, 09:38 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if MyAlerts would have better styles. I think that as for now, popup is very messy and incomprehensible. I'm not talking of stunning (and complicated) styles but I think that a bit of tidy would be appreciated by all users who use your great plugin, euantor.

Here's my alerts popup if you'd like to inspire to this.

[Image: Schermata%2011-2456243%20alle%2010.31.42.png]

Damn. This is nice. Shade, is this site visible anywhere?

(2012-11-11, 07:57 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]You could just move to Tomm M's MyNetwork post rep plugin - he's added MyAlerts support to it as a core feature Big Grin Thanks for the kind words!

This is the best news ever. I'm so happy.

Plugin development for MyBB kicks butt lately.
Tomm has released an updated version of his plugin with MyAlerts support built in Smile http://resources.xekko.co.uk/mynetwork/s...ation.html

If you use the version on GitHub the two should wok together just fine. To alter the phrase, you can just edit the language files. Not sure if Tomm uses a custom phrase or not.
(2012-11-15, 03:55 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-11, 09:38 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if MyAlerts would have better styles. I think that as for now, popup is very messy and incomprehensible. I'm not talking of stunning (and complicated) styles but I think that a bit of tidy would be appreciated by all users who use your great plugin, euantor.

Here's my alerts popup if you'd like to inspire to this.

[Image: Schermata%2011-2456243%20alle%2010.31.42.png]

Damn. This is nice. Shade, is this site visible anywhere?

Not right now. It's my work in progress board, which isn't public at the moment.
(2012-11-11, 06:51 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-11, 03:47 AM)ohhaithar Wrote: [ -> ]@euantor, how did you get your alerts to look that way in the screen shot that you have in the first post?

Mine keeps showing up like this with no design. I made it so it would look like Alerts: (# here) when in the navbar but the alerts themselves have no css style at all.

[Image: JhvJd.png]

Am I running on an earlier version of the plugin?

EDIT: Never mind I have upgraded. Everything looks good except the alignment is a little off. When I click on alerts, it shows the little alerts box way on the left side of the navbar instead of it showing up right under the thing that shows how many alerts you have.

Could you post a link to your site and some demo account details?

I just realized that this only happens in chrome. It is not my website itself doing this but it is for all people trying to view the alerts in chrome. It looks like this on every site when using chrome.

Nevermind. I found out that the sites that I was on didn't have their themes updated.
Why won't you guys merge all these developments, PNG imagery, CSS buttons... and name it MyBB 1.8? Cool
I have no idea if it's a bug or a feature, buuut...
Alerts are not displayed when a private message was sent by "MyBB Engine", you know, the generic user used when a plugin sends a private message. My users get tons of such messages, whether those are form submissions or notification about receiving an item.
Is there any way I could display such messages in alerts?
That's probably because "MyBB Engine" has no UID. I'll have to look into how plugins actually do such a thing.