MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
^ alerts.css file can be also added to the theme without reinstalling the plugin
open alerts.css file (location --> ./inc/plugins/MyAlerts/stylesheets/) in a editor (eg. notepad++)

admin panel >> themes >> your theme >> Add Stylesheet (tab)
File Name <-- alerts.css
attached to <-- globally
select write my own content and in the newly opened text area, copy the content of earlier opened alerts.css
save the stylesheet, hard refresh your browser on index page and check if MyAlerts plugin is working as required
(2013-11-05, 07:05 PM)blogantinom Wrote: [ -> ]Also when I click the alert link it opens and close quickly. I remember it happened before after reinstall, but can't remember how to fix it :/

Just found how to fix.

I had to open the headerinclude template and remove the duplicate of the myalerts JS:

Quote:<script type="text/javascript">
if (typeof jQuery == 'undefined') {
document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.7.2.min.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
}
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var unreadAlerts = {$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']};
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/myalerts.js"></script>

Update: now I can open the alert bar, but it seems that the number of alerts is always 0 and not highlighted.

Here are my templates:

myalerts_headericon

Quote:<span class="myalerts_popup_wrapper{$newAlertsIndicator}">
&mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php?action=alerts" class="unreadAlerts myalerts_popup_hook" id="unreadAlerts_menu">{$lang->myalerts_alerts} ({$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']})</a>
<div id="unreadAlerts_menu_popup" class="myalerts_popup" style="display:none;">
<div class="popupTitle">{$lang->myalerts_page_title}</div>
<ol>
{$alerts}
</ol>
<div class="popupFooter"><a href="usercp.php?action=alerts">{$lang->myalerts_usercp_nav_alerts}</a></div>
</div>
</span>

the resulting html:

Quote:<script type="text/javascript" src="http://forum.antinovaordemmundial.com/jscripts/myalerts.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var unreadAlerts = 0;
</script>

header_welcomeblock_member

Quote:<span style="float:right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
{$lang->welcome_back} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php"><strong>{$lang->welcome_usercp}</strong></a><myalerts_headericon>&mdash; .....

About versioning

I'm a bit confused regarding the versioning.

The version I have installed in 1.0.4, which I installed many months ago. In the git page it shows the version number 1.0.4 (Current Version: 1.04).

However, I can see that there are many commits, the last one being 28/08/13.

The Alerts class has a "const VERSION = '1.05';"

Should I consider the latest version is 1.0.5? Also, which are the instructions for the update from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5? Will I loose all the alerts again?

Another issue I just noticed, although it shows the alerts on the ajax list, but when I click to open the alerts page it shows none.

I decided to uninstall and reinstall upgraded versions of all of the alert related plugins.

Now everything looks to be working fine, lost all the previous notification, but at least all alerts seems to be working now Smile
Version 1.0.5 is a development version that is in the process of being developed - albeit slowly. 1.0.4 is still the most recent version.
But now it seems to be working well Smile

I got the one from the download button.
Whenever i click on Install and Activate, nothing happens
I wanted to check this plugin at localhost
Do you have PluginLibrary?ß
(2013-11-09, 09:10 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have PluginLibrary?ß

Yes Version 12, which is the latest one
And also today i found Myalerts was activated
But the run script for existing members hangs and doesn't decrement the value, i manually tried to reset it
It says
Done.

Alert Types affected: 5
Total Users affected: 1294
Then it should have worked correctly.
(2013-11-10, 09:38 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Then it should have worked correctly.
Does it mean that all the users are now having myalerts enabled ?
Because it only said 5 users affected
^ it appears that you are confused. see what you said
(2013-11-10, 04:11 AM)Verilog Wrote: [ -> ]Alert Types affected: 5
Total Users affected: 1294