MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Euan - but there will be a dropdown menu in future, not?
Possibly. The problem is that it's very difficult to support the CSS and JS across different themes where weird hacks are used (such as in Apart). Modals are core to MyBB now and therefore should just work, in most cases.
Generally asking, will there be a version of this plugin which is compatible on MyBB 1.8 anytime soon?
I've tried using v1.05 before, but it ended up severely messing up my theme (reverting most of the CSS scripts to those of MyBB 1.6, and it took me a long time to get everything back to normal), which wasn't exactly what I wanted.

I'm not trying to complain or anything, and I do understand that the developer of the plugin (Euan T) has his own life to attend to. It's just that I've been waiting for a alert/notifications panel which is compatible with MyBB 1.8 for some time now.
The 1.8 compatible version (v2.0.0), is pretty much finished, it just needs polishing and releasing. I'm busy with university assignments right now (January is always a busy time for exams and deadlines), but will be finishing this once I'm free.
It would be awesome, I hope you will add more features to final release (many good suggestions in github)
I'll try, but it all depends on how much time I get. I don't want to delay the initial 2.0.0 release any more than I have to.
@EuanT , it is great idea to release initial version , later on you may add more features when you will have time . and it is really great news that MyAlert is almost complete Smile i think till now it is most wanted plugin for MyBB Smile and the other one is i think mention me .

Best wishes for your assignments and plugin too Smile
Future feature request: A "sticky" alert you can set in the admin panel for announcements, etc. Everyone sees the alert.
This is most exciting news. @Euan is a rock star. The only thing left on my Christmas list is @ mentions drop down user name working in 1.8, then I can die happy.
(2015-01-24, 03:48 AM)ashkir Wrote: [ -> ]Future feature request: A "sticky" alert you can set in the admin panel for announcements, etc. Everyone sees the alert.

I might include this. Shade created a plugin for MyAlerts 1.05 to send an announcement to all users via MyAlerts, but it might be nice to make it core.