MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-01-24, 12:24 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-24, 03:48 AM)ashkir Wrote: [ -> ]Future feature request: A "sticky" alert you can set in the admin panel for announcements, etc. Everyone sees the alert.

I might include this. Shade created a plugin for MyAlerts 1.05 to send an announcement to all users via MyAlerts, but it might be nice to make it core.

Great suggestion. Thanks for considering Euan.
Good idea, custom alerts and you can chose which groups and/or specific user should receive it.
Feel free to use Custom Alerts code in the core Euan Smile
Really nice idea!!! phpBB/SMF dont have this Smile
(2015-01-24, 12:24 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-24, 03:48 AM)ashkir Wrote: [ -> ]Future feature request: A "sticky" alert you can set in the admin panel for announcements, etc. Everyone sees the alert.

I might include this. Shade created a plugin for MyAlerts 1.05 to send an announcement to all users via MyAlerts, but it might be nice to make it core.

Thanks!

We tried using that. It gets tricky trying to load up tens of thousands of users at once. xD. Haha. 
Yeah, that's the only problem I can see having to get around Wink
Euan T, please, do it faster Toungue we really need this plugin on mybb 1.8! This plugin is amazing!
I'd love to see the Shade's Custom Alert as part of the core MyAlerts system. (Custom Alerts combined with MentionMe made a fantastic setup.)

Perhaps not included with the initial 2.0 release since that may delay it further. (Unless you wanted to delay the release to include it of course.) But definitely would be nice to see included in a future release. (Release 2.1 with any bug fixes that may need to be ironed out perhaps?)
(2015-01-25, 10:09 AM)ashkir Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!

We tried using that. It gets tricky trying to load up tens of thousands of users at once. xD. Haha. 

I planned to change that with a more modern approach, exploiting the autocomplete feature MyBB comes with by default, but I never had time to get over it and accomplish this request. However I'm pretty sure Euan knows how to handle this.
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
Catchable Fatal Error (4096)
Error Message:
Argument 1 passed to MybbStuff_MyAlerts_AlertTypeManager::__construct() must be an instance of DB_MySQLi, instance of DB_MySQL given, called in /home/thetechfanatics/public_html/inc/plugins/MybbStuff/MyAlerts/src/AlertTypeManager.php on line 91 and defined
File: inc/plugins/MybbStuff/MyAlerts/src/AlertTypeManager.php
Line: 18
Backtrace:
File	Line	Function
/inc/class_error.php	207	errorHandler->output_error
/inc/plugins/MybbStuff/MyAlerts/src/AlertTypeManager.php	18	errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/MybbStuff/MyAlerts/src/AlertTypeManager.php	91	MybbStuff_MyAlerts_AlertTypeManager->__construct
/inc/plugins/myalerts.php	90	MybbStuff_MyAlerts_AlertTypeManager::createInstance
[PHP]	 	myalerts_install
/adminpanel/modules/config/plugins.php	412	call_user_func
/adminpanel/index.php	597	require

Getting that error when trying to install the latest version from GitHub.