MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-02-13, 01:07 PM)Rakes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-13, 01:05 PM)x7yz Wrote: [ -> ]Disappointment after disappointment. Sometimes even makes me doubt if we can see one by this year.
It's been several months and all we are told to do is be patient.

Then pay him? (If he even does stuff for pay)
Like it isn't exactly free to make plugins.

Couldn't say it better myself. If you're so desperate, hire somebody to write it for you. I'm under no obligation whatsoever to write any plugins. It really grinds my gears when people like you expect something for nothing then complain when they don't get it.
(2015-02-13, 02:25 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-13, 01:07 PM)Rakes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-13, 01:05 PM)x7yz Wrote: [ -> ]Disappointment after disappointment. Sometimes even makes me doubt if we can see one by this year.
It's been several months and all we are told to do is be patient.

Then pay him? (If he even does stuff for pay)
Like it isn't exactly free to make plugins.

Couldn't say it better myself. If you're so desperate, hire somebody to write it for you. I'm under no obligation whatsoever to write any plugins. It really grinds my gears when people like you expect something for nothing then complain when they don't get it.

People like him are a minority for the most part. Ignore it.

Your plugin is fantastic and I loved using it on my 1.6.14 forum! I have just upgraded to 1.8 and can't wait to use myAlerts again! All good things in time however, and appreciate the work you do.

Thanks!
Hello everyone, thank you for this wonderful plugin, home myalerts 2.0.0 works perfectly (mybb 1.8.3) the only problem I have is with mentionme, I received the mention of warning but when I click on it here is what I get

[Image: 1423867191-alerts-mention.png]

an invisible warning, you'd have an idea of the problem please?
for all other alerts all works very well, but not with mentionme Sad

sorry for my bad english ,and good luck for your work and exams !
I don't believe MentionMe has been updated for MyAlerts 2.0.0. If not, it won't have a formatter so the alert won't display.
yes there are verions beta mentionme that integrates myalerts 2 and here is the only problem I have with, thank you for your reply and I hope that I will find a solution to my problem thank you again for your plugin is great!
@Euan T MentionMe not ready yet, but some user on forum fork some file changed, but here they are a not fully version but works.

http://community.mybb.com/attachment.php?aid=33767

Url where i share and help on that question of MentionMe

http://community.mybb.com/thread-164576-...pid1139698

Translate on your lang var the new customized alert.

If you have right lang file of your lang add this on mention.lang.php on your lang dir:

// MyAlerts
$l['myalerts_mention'] = '{1} mentioned you on "{2}" ({3})';
$l['myalerts_setting_mentionme'] = 'Receive an alert when someone mentionme on a message?';
replacing to your customized lang vars as you wish that texts only.

See yah !

Thanks for all your work and no matter what some users say, take your time and when ready we stay there to use it Big Grin
When is MyAlerts 2.0.0 being officially released?
(2015-02-14, 09:30 AM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]When is MyAlerts 2.0.0 being officially released?

This year 2015
This is for everyone who is being so impatient for this plugin:

WAIT!

I'm sure Euan understands that we are all eager for the release and he has said that he has more important things going on at the moment which you should all respect. He doesn't have to do this, he doesn't get paid for this. If you need it that much get someone to code you their own and show him some respect for giving up his time.
I've noticed that there are some comments here about MyAlerts 2.0.0 that it's already released, in beta. I visited the first post, there's nothing about it, and then GitHub, still nothing. Only 1.0.6 is available, only for 1.6 MyBB. I'm very confused right now.

But it's good to see that Euan is already working on MyAlerts 2.0.0 a little while he have a few exams left and a paper to write to finish. I'm looking forward to the release stable MyBB 2. Big Grin