MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
^ upload that file to your MyBB forum's files server (where you have global.php, index.php & other main php files)
and run it by visiting forumURL/force_enable_alerts.php once through your browser
Thanks. It worked.
(2013-06-26, 08:20 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Try this:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-127444-...#pid987832

As Leefish said, that should work. There have been reports of it not working though. Do give it a try and post any issues you may come across.
(2013-06-26, 05:55 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

As Leefish said, that should work. There have been reports of it not working though. Do give it a try and post any issues you may come across.

I will see if i will have any problem with it, but for sugesstion, i would want that you people should add forum subscription alert and everytime a user place a thread to the subscribed forum, one should get a alert for that. It would be a great way, no need to fill users email for notifications.
^ you can also add Alerts pack to your forum
Yes, it would be great. Unfortunately, there are next to no hooks in the subscription system and it's overall a major PITA to work with. Shade has a 3rd party plugin that hooks into MyAlerts and does core edits to add subscription alerts that you could try.
Hey Euan T,

I don't know what to do about this but when we go to view our alerts settings, it tells me we are missing the .lang.php file. Is this is in the folders anywhere or is it something I have to get from you? Thanks for your help!
(2013-06-26, 05:55 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

here is the issue: When a thread poster places a query,and someone replies to it, he receives alert. but when the threat poster re- replies to the reply, the one who replied to the thread does not receive alert. to receive alert he has to full edit ( in which a option is shown to susbscribe), otherwise it doesn't work for the quick edit. I mean, It misses alert for the thread you are following. Following here mean, the thread in which you have replied. and when someone replies back, you dont get alert only the thread poster gets an alert.
@new1 - yes, myalerts sends alerts to the thread creator. If you want to ensure that someone who has replied to the thread gets an alert then you can quote that reply, or you can use the rather awesome MentionMe plugin which hooks into MyAlerts. I encourage my users to use MentionMe.
(2013-06-27, 02:17 AM)jenny loo who?! Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Euan T,

I don't know what to do about this but when we go to view our alerts settings, it tells me we are missing the .lang.php file. Is this is in the folders anywhere or is it something I have to get from you? Thanks for your help!

Sounds like you're using an old version. Try downloading the current one from GitHub Smile