MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like that option. My board is small so I think the extra queries wouldn't be a problem.

If it was an option (off by default) it would be a good thing imo
(2012-11-28, 01:14 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I could always add a setting to enable it if plenty of people want such a feature.

This would really be ideal.
Thank you lots for your work Smile
Right, I'll look into it as I'm looking into subscription alerts then Big Grin
yay for subscription alerts. I shall try and get my members posting so I can use this GREAT plugin Big Grin
I'll replace subscription email system with this then. Too much spam for email subscription.
So how does this plug in with Post Rep? You can get Tomm in here, if you want Toungue

For me, the ideal way would be:

If someone likes the first post of a thread, it would say:

Quote:Tomm M. likes your thread, [thread subject and link].

If someone likes your post in a thread, it should be:

Quote:Tomm M. likes your post in [thread subject and link]:

Post excerpt post excerpt post excerpt post excerpt ...

Also, what's the quickest way to kill the animation? Hate it lol
I'm not sure, I haven't tested it. All I know is Tomm said he'd added support for it and posted details on his wiki for the plugin.

You can kill the animation by editing myalerts.js. Change "slideToggle" to just "toggle" to remove it Smile
You should add a post excerpt for when a user quotes you, because this looks weird:

[Image: 1H7gM.png]

Perhaps you could use the preview message function Omar made for PMs for me. I don't remember if he posted it here.

(2012-11-30, 03:36 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]You can kill the animation by editing myalerts.js. Change "slideToggle" to just "toggle" to remove it Smile

Doing this adds a totally different animation for me.

Quote:{1} replied to your thread "<a href="{2}">{3}</a>". There may be more posts after this. ({4})

I don't think this is a good solution. It should be either:

One reply Wrote:{1} replied to your thread "<a href="{2}">{3}</a>". ({4})

2 or more replies Wrote:There are {5} new replies in your thread, "<a href="{2}">{3}</a>".
2 or more replies Wrote:There are {5} new replies in your thread, "<a href="{2}">{3}</a>". The first being posted by {1}
That is my personal opinion but go with whatever you want.
I'm just not sure that's useful info.