MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've used MyAlerts for awhile now and it has been working fine. Until today. Now there's a alert stuck and I can't get rid of it. I click on MyAlert and in the dropdown meny it says No alerts to display. I click into my CP and click on View Alerts (1) and it says again No alerts to display . I click on Check for new alerts and again, no new alerts. Yet it still says I have alerts.
I tried to:
(2014-02-15, 08:18 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]A deactivate and reactivate is the usual way I handle updates to my plugins Smile It should pull in the database updates during the activate.
but that didn't work because when I activated MyAlerts the stuck alert is still there.

Any suggestions how to solve this?
Thank you
PinkStar
^Try deleting it through "Delete Alerts" or something like that from your UserCP.
It may be on another page if you had a lot of new alerts. As crazy4cs said, the "delete all alerts" action should help with this.
Thank you for the suggestion.
I clicked to Delete all old alerts in my CP, but the stuck alert is still there. So I tried clicking on Delete all alerts and now it's fixed.

Thank you
PinkStar
I've been translating the plugin to German and noticed that one variable seems to be missing:
When I look at my alerts in usercp.php?action=alerts, there is the word "delete" with the according link at the end of the table cell. That seems to be hard-coded and not called by a language variable. Or is it?!
^ there are two delete alerts actions at the user control panel. viz. in myalerts.lang.php -->
$l['myalerts_usercp_nav_delete_read'] = 'Delete Old Alerts';
$l['myalerts_usercp_nav_delete_all'] = 'Delete All Alerts';
(2014-03-04, 12:44 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ there are two delete alerts actions at the user control panel. viz. in myalerts.lang.php -->
$l['myalerts_usercp_nav_delete_read'] = 'Delete Old Alerts';
$l['myalerts_usercp_nav_delete_all'] = 'Delete All Alerts';

Yes. Those, I translated. I still get this one:
[attachment=31144]
^ oh, I've mistaken .. as you said, that Delete word is hard coded in the template
your theme templates >> MyAlerts Templates >> myalerts_alert_row
Thanks.
Maybe it'll be a variable in the next version Wink
Oops, must have missed that. I'll add it to the list of things to do.