MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
not works on apart themes when install it got 2 javascript and must delete one, not work on 2.0 inspired to, and i say author must consider to release stable version and provide support for bugs, non stop developin this plugin and upadating, install/reinstall its not good, but just my opinion, author of plugin knows best then me.

For now i stay away from this one unthill release stable version
That's fine mostarac. I've tried to help you whenever I can but you're not willing to even try and help yourself.

@k1R@ I do believe somebody else has modified it in the past, so it is certainly possible. I should really try and contact G33K and see if he minds if I patch it and have him post it in the release thread.
so vain chill out man, i respect your work just say my opinion thats all
I'm not being vain at all. I'm glad you respect my work, but it's not my problem if you don't want to try and learn for yourself. Posting messages such as

"author must consider to release stable version and provide support for bugs"

is not constructive to the topic, my self or any other user who may be using; or may be considering using the plugin
(2013-06-19, 04:43 AM)lexicondevil Wrote: [ -> ]2.if I get a PM it shows up under alerts however it won't dismiss until i actually click on the alert & follow the link to the PM from there.For example if i'm already reading PMs or i go to messages from the 'private messages' link alerts remain red & numbered ?
anything about dismissing alert notifications?
Can I say it? mostarac, stop being slow. The plugin works for 99% of us, it's not the plugin nor the author's fault with the fact that you cannot install it correctly. If you really think there are bugs or need help, outline your problems in detail instead of saying things like "it has bugs, stop development." That is not constructive at all and will not change anything. Opinions are fine, but yours are not going to help.
(2013-06-26, 12:04 AM)lexicondevil Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-19, 04:43 AM)lexicondevil Wrote: [ -> ]2.if I get a PM it shows up under alerts however it won't dismiss until i actually click on the alert & follow the link to the PM from there.For example if i'm already reading PMs or i go to messages from the 'private messages' link alerts remain red & numbered ?
anything about dismissing alert notifications?

The only way to dismiss them currently is either either the dopdown list or the main UCP list of alerts. The plugin does not try to mark alerts read when you visit threads/PMs/your rep report.
[attachment=29616]. I like it a lot, i was looking for something like this.

No all options are tick by default, I want all the options to be tick like others by default. Tell me how to do it?

thanks
(2013-03-29, 12:11 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]I think that the Internal Server Error you're getting is fired due to the server ending the script because of its execution taking too long to load. This might be the same for all Forums with an high number of users.

The script Wildcard provided, although it is correct, runs one query per setting per user. Simplified example: if you have 9447 users and 5 alert types (why you're not using MentionMe, Plugins Alerts Pack or Moderation Alerts Pack? bad boy Big Grin), the script will run 1*5*9447 = 47235 queries. This is a really high value isn't it? Big Grin

The solution is quite easy: rather than querying the database in the foreach loop, just build an array of data and then build a single query with insert_query_multiple() function. Result: 2 SELECT queries, 1 INSERT query, fast edits.

I've edited Wildcard's script, just upload and run it once by opening the file from your browser.

I haven't tested the script, but it should work.

Update 12/05/2013

The script has been updated with noticeable optimizations. Thanks to Omar G. for pointing them out ( http://community.mybb.com/thread-127444-...#pid987880 )

Hi,

I have downloaded this file but dont know under which file or folder i should place it. please help me on this, i m new to all this.

thanks