MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I am playing about with this on my site (I think this site needs it more than leefish did) and the only thing that seems really unintuitive is that if I don't read a pm the alert for it is gone. That is a bad thing as I might have more than one pm and might forget (will forget).

Hmm. I will try and find a clever css solution. Ok, I fixed that.

Is there no setting for the number of days or whatever for the read alerts table to be cleared?
Leefish: I'm not sure if I completely understand your issue. From what I have found read alerts are deleted in the task and you decide when the task is run. Default
@ Jordan - deciding when does not decide how many - which was the question, sorry if that was unclear for you.
Can I just get conformation of your enquiry?
You want to have PM alerts split. When you read one of the PMs you don't want the whole alert to be marked as read.
(2013-04-04, 04:44 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Can I just get conformation of your issue?
You want to have PM alerts split. When you read one of the PMs you don't want the whole alert to be marked as read.

I already dealt with that.
Is the css the alerts box dependent on the theme or is it a global file in the plugin, just as i am having issues with white text on whit background on the gomobile theme, making it impossible to read.
CSS dependent. There should be a file called myalerts.css
where would i find that also how to get rid of the - in front of alerts(0).

Also any idea how to make all alerts inline instead of like [attachment=28922]
(2013-04-04, 04:39 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]@ Jordan - deciding when does not decide how many - which was the question, sorry if that was unclear for you.

The task deletes all alerts currently marked as read in the alerts table. You could modify it to check for the alert's age if you wish though Smile

(2013-04-04, 05:03 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]Is the css the alerts box dependent on the theme or is it a global file in the plugin, just as i am having issues with white text on whit background on the gomobile theme, making it impossible to read.

Each theme should have it's own alerts.css file Smile

(2013-04-04, 05:17 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]where would i find that also how to get rid of the - in front of alerts(0).

Also any idea how to make all alerts inline instead of like

To remove the dash:

ACP > Templates > *YOUR TEMPLATE SET* > MyAlerts templates > myalerts_headericon > remove the —

For the second issue, would be much easier to debug if I could possibly get a demo account Smile
(2013-04-04, 06:25 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]For the second issue, would be much easier to debug if I could possibly get a demo account Smile

No worries if you wanted to register a account on the forum, I can give you admin access if needed.