MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Problem with resing avatars in notifications.

Users use different size of avatars -> myalerts has an issue with this - some avatars are not resized correctly, it looks bad.
Ah, I should probably be using format_avatar(). Been meaning to fix that Wink
Happy to help! Shoul I create an issue in github?

Some suggestion (from phpBB notification system)

- add option to enable/disable notification for:
* someone create a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed

For moderators:
* A post or topic needs approval
* Someone reports a post

Miscellaneous Notifications:
* Someone requests to join a group you lead
* Someone sends you a private message

* Separated option for every group of notification (posting, ...)
Fixed avatar issue: https://github.com/euantorano/MyAlerts/c...65c7429253

Suggestions:

- topic in forum you are subscribed to: planned, but will be added in a later version
- post/topic needs approval: had not thought of, believe it's part of Shade's plugin alerts pack. might add at a later version
- someone reports a post: same as above
- join a group: never realised many people used groups. Might be nice to add.
- sends a private message: already implemented Big Grin

- separated option: there are already settings, or do you mean categories for the settings? If so, can add to a later version. Not much point with only 5 settings right now Wink

I really appreciate the help by everybody testing though. It's making my life a lot easier.

For the new alert types, please create issues on GitHub with the label enhancement.
I get this error with latest build from github
(2014-11-30, 04:32 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I get this error with latest build from github

What error?
I am sorry, but I fotgot to add an attachment Sad

Why have 2 plugins for one thing? Maybe better to include these features into one plugin
Ah, you'll have to add that new column via phpMyAdmin or uninstall and install again. I just added the column today after a suggestion from @Jones H.

It's probably better to have 1 plugin. I'll definitely think about adding the moderation alert types for 2.1.0. Right now, I just want to get a stable release for 1.8 available and stable.
Thanks, my bad... I havent checked this Sad

MyAlerts should handle all notifications which comes from stock mybb instalation. Other types of notification should be handled by extra modules (which were added in myalerts 2.0).

@Euan - I added all of them to Github - anyway I dont have permissions to add label

For this:
- separated option: there are already settings, or do you mean categories for the settings? If so, can add to a later version. Not much point with only 5 settings right now Wink

I mean categories: Moderator/Miscellaneous/ Posts etc.
Thanks Euan i think some parts of developments for new alerts was changed too.

Well i have to wait until final version was released it.

See yah.