MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-12-15, 10:56 PM)niere8 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, if I have the alert "testuser modified your reputation. ", how can I go directly in the post where user added +1 to my reputation?

If I click on that alert I go in the page reputation.php Sad

Hi, currently that isn't implemented as I need to add a check for when the rep comes from a post. 

(2014-12-15, 11:39 PM)TBO29 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to always suggest things. What about a single delete button for single messages.

Maybe also a warning for the single deletes would be useful. Don't know what others think about it. Now the button just deletes the single message without a warning.

There is a delete button in the main alerts page (or there should be anyway). I'm not sure if it has a confirmation on it though. 
Yes it has a confirmation, and as I already said, it does not work on my system. What I meant were for deleting single messages.

Euan do you have any suggestion how to make MyAlerts work with vbquote? It does work, only the message is not correct, it says "User replied ..." and not "User quoted...". Might have something to do with the pattern check.
(2014-12-16, 03:47 PM)TBO29 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it has a confirmation, and as I already said, it does not work on my system. What I meant were for deleting single messages.

Euan do you have any suggestion how to make MyAlerts work with vbquote? It does work, only the message is not correct, it says "User replied ..." and not "User quoted...".  Might have something to do with the pattern check.

Yes, it's likely the pattern check. What syntax does vbquote use? MyAlerts expects the standard [quote="XYZ"]... syntax.
(2014-12-16, 04:10 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Mealiest [...]

You should really turn the autocorrect off Euan Toungue
vB Style Quotes expects the [quote=username;pid] or [quote="u[sern;am]e";pid] syntax.
(2014-12-16, 04:16 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-16, 04:10 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Mealiest [...]

You should really turn the autocorrect off Euan Toungue
Yes, I really should. It comes in handy sometimes, but I can't work out how to add words to it Wink
(2014-12-16, 04:27 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]vB Style Quotes expects the
username;pid Wrote:or [quote="u[sern;am]e";pid] syntax.
Ah, that's quite a lot different to the regex I'm using at the minute. I'll have a try and see if I can match it, but can't make any promises.
Is it possible to add an alert as a result of a task being run with the new version of MyAlerts? I was able to do it with previous versions with some hacking, but I was curious to know if this functionality would work with the code out of the box?

Thanks!
(2014-12-17, 01:41 AM)jshort Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to add an alert as a result of a task being run with the new version of MyAlerts? I was able to do it with previous versions with some hacking, but I was curious to know if this functionality would work with the code out of the box?

Thanks!

Hi, the old code won't work as the way alerts are created and stored has changed significantly. You'd have to register a new alert type and formatted, then use the AlertManager to persist the alert. I've been meaning to write some documentation for a while Wink
Yeah. I've actually gotten a few other custom alerts set up and working. I'm more curious about if the way it's done now would be compatible with the task system? I have a task that runs every couple of weeks that randomly selects a few members for a game that we host. Right now they receive an alert if they are selected. I'd like to keep this functionality if I can even though the code itself will have to change. 
It should work, so long as you have the selected user's ID (UID) Smile