MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You could add some kind of "rebuild settings structure" feature and allow us developers o hook in there.
Hello Euan,

Is there any chance the script could have caused errors as shown below? I've looking in Admin folders through FTP and nothing has been changed there since February, so I'm starting to wonder if some sort of database change could have possibly caused as you see in images. I looked at the script, and it's seems not possible... But the only thing that changed since this was working properly was running the script, which you are aware I had some issues with directories. Hosting may have made some changes as well, but they claim they've not made any changes that would affect this and swear it's a 'plugin debugging issue'.

Thanks for taking a look man.
[attachment=31350]
If removing sceditor.php via FTP ( a plugin we haven't used or touched for a year now, but can't remember if we uninstalled it or just deactivated), we get this:
[attachment=31351]
(2014-04-10, 02:38 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]You could add some kind of "rebuild settings structure" feature and allow us developers o hook in there.

I want to rework the way developers work with the system entirely really. It's much too difficult right now.

(2014-04-10, 04:37 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Euan,

Is there any chance the script could have caused errors as shown below? I've looking in Admin folders through FTP and nothing has been changed there since February, so I'm starting to wonder if some sort of database change could have possibly caused as you see in images. I looked at the script, and it's seems not possible... But the only thing that changed since this was working properly was running the script, which you are aware I had some issues with directories. Hosting may have made some changes as well, but they claim they've not made any changes that would affect this and swear it's a 'plugin debugging issue'.

If removing sceditor.php via FTP ( a plugin we haven't used or touched for a year now, but can't remember if we uninstalled it or just deactivated), we get this:

Looks like an issue with SCEditor. Did you make sure to deactivate/uninstall it via the ACP before removing any files?
(2014-04-10, 07:02 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-10, 02:38 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]You could add some kind of "rebuild settings structure" feature and allow us developers o hook in there.

I want to rework the way developers work with the system entirely really. It's much too difficult right now.

(2014-04-10, 04:37 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Euan,

Looks like an issue with SCEditor. Did you make sure to deactivate/uninstall it via the ACP before removing any files?
I couldn't even access plugins in ACP unless I removed the sceditor.php. Then the plugins only half showed.

In the end, it was that host tech left some init.php in the plugins folder that was sending the module looking for stuff in incorrect locations due to relative directory designations. Just a guess. I'm sure my terminology is off a bit as well.

Thanks for your time Euan.
No problem, glad you got it sorted Smile
I wanted to ask how is progress with this error - https://github.com/euantorano/MyAlerts/issues/67
I got this error recently, so I believe it's not fixed yet? Is it fixable at all?
It's one of the things I need to look into. I'm working on some big updates at the minute with an aim to release version 2.0.0 soon.
After installing MyBB 1.6.13, the popup window of Myalerts started to work oddly. I found that its css file was not being loaded. So, I deactivated/reactivated the plugin and the css issue was solved, but now the popup window opens and closes automatically when I click the alerts link on the forum's index page.

UPDATE: It was a problem which had been caused due to some customizations in my forum theme and didn't have anything to do with my alerts. I fixed the issue.
Remove the duplicate myalerts.js file in your headerinclude template.
Can seem to get mention me to work properly, if someone mentions someone in a post it does not appear in the alerts box.. any ideas?